Marangaroo Family Centre Inc (MFC) has been facilitating grass-roots, place-based community development since its inception in 1989. With a strong connection to our local community we understand how skilled, diverse and resilient our community members are. We proactively foster, promote and facilitate initiatives by developing and maintaining partnerships and identifying and using community strengths.
The Hepburn Centre will:
- Identify the people who are motivated to enhance the community and use their skills and abilities to facilitate social connections.
- Identify existing voluntary community organisations and networks, and partner with them where we see benefit to the local community.
- Identify aligned not-for-profit, government agencies and businesses and partner with them to deliver services.
- Identify any informal businesses and cash-less communities (for example, Eco-pay It Forward and No Limits – services provided at no cost utilising other community member donations).
- Engage with all partners to proactively plan for emerging trends in our local community and beyond.
- Use a strengths-based community development approach to work on priorities identified by the community as well as address any challenges.